Welcome to Transfer Orientation
Registration for Winter Transfer Highlander Orientation is available HERE!
We are excited to announce that Highlander Orientation for Transfers will be delivered in a hybrid format for 2022! Highlander Orientation is mandatory for all of our incoming students. This year's program will consist of a mandatory virtual half-day academic advising and course registration* appointment, followed by a one-day in-person program.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodation, please contact Orientation at (951) 827-2789 or email@example.com. Requests should be made at least two weeks prior to the event so the university has sufficient time to arrange reasonable accommodations.
Winter Transfer Orientation Session Dates:
- Highlander Orientation is a mandatory program that consists of a virtual half-day academic advising and course registration appointment followed by; a one-day on-campus orientation session.
- The sessions are separated according to colleges and majors. Plan for both a half-day appointment and a one-day session that corresponds accordingly.
- Attending the mandatory Highlander Orientation program is a provision of UC Riverside admission. Failure to attend both a virtual advising appointment and a in-person session will result in the revoking of a student's admission to the University.
Half-Day Virtual Academic Advising Appointment Date:
- Advising Appointment 1: Friday, December 2nd, 2022 - Bourns College of Engineering, School of Business, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, School of Public Policy, School of Education
One-Day In-Person Campus Orientation Session Date:
- Session 1: Tuesday, December 13th, 2022 - Bourns College of Engineering, School of Business, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, School of Public Policy, School of Education
Registration & Cost of Attendance
- Registration and Fee Information below is for 2022.
- We recommend registering early as Orientation space fills up quickly. By end-November, only a limited number of available spaces will remain.
- The Highlander Orientation fee for incoming transfer students is $100.
- The registration fee will be billed to student's Statement of Account. Payment is due December 15, 2022. Any payments not made by December 15 will be assessed an additional $100 late tuition payment fee.
Cancellations & Refund Policy
- If you register for Highlander Orientation and decide not to attend UCR, please notify our office that you, will not be attending Orientation. You will also need to contact the Admissions Office directly to make your cancellation official.
- Cancellations must be made 10 business days in advance of your registered Orientation session. If you need to request a change or cancel less than 10 business days prior to your registered orientation session, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Change Fees
- If you wish to change your scheduled Orientation date, you must submit your request at least 10 business days (two weeks) prior to the confirmed date. If there is a vacancy in your preferred session, you will be added.
- If you submit a request to change the date of your Orientation within 10 business days of your confirmed Orientation date, a date-change fee of $25 will be added to the Orientation registration fee.
Student Orientation fees will be automatically billed to your UCR 2022 Statement of Account. Payments are due December 15, 2022. Any payments not made by December 15 will be assessed an additional $100 late tuition payment fee.