Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for the Highlander Orientation for Transfers Program?
- Our Register Online page will walk you through the registration process. You will need your NetID to register, which can be found on your MyUCR Account approximately three business days after you have submitted your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).
How much does it cost to attend Highlander Orientation for Transfers?
- The fee for Highlander Orientation is $90. It includes food, materials and parking.
How do I pay for Highlander Orientation for Transfers?
- Your Orientation fee will be deferred to your Fall Statement of Account. Deferring the payment forwards the charges and any related date-change or cancellation fees to your Statement of Account. These can be paid with check, money order or credit card.
What if I registered online, but need to change my confirmed session date?
- Contact the Highlander Orientation Office at (951) 827-2789 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least five days before your confirmed session. If space is available, a date-change fee of $25 will be added to the total.
How do I enroll in classes?
- Department advisors will help you with class selection, and we will show you how to register for classes.
Do I need to take placement exams?
- If you intend to take mathematics during your first quarter, and have not yet taken college-level math classes equivalent to UCR’s Math 5 or higher with a grade of C- or better, you will need to take the Math Placement Exam. For more information, please check with your department’s academic advisor or your college's Student Academic Affairs Office.
- For questions about Math Placement Examinations, visit Placement Test, call (951) 827-3721 or contact email@example.com.
- If you have general questions about placement exams, visit placementtest.ucr.edu.
Can I bring a friend/parent/guest?
Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, Highlander Orientation does not allow guests of any type without prior consent from the director of the program and the student, regardless of the age of the student.
Where do I park? Where does Highlander Orientation for Transfers take place?
From the 60 Freeway, take University Avenue toward UCR’s campus. Signs will direct you to free parking. From the parking lot, there will be signs directing you to the Highlander Orientation for Transfers session. A few days prior to your scheduled session, you will receive an email reminder with additional details.
How do I contact the Highlander Orientation for Transfers office?
Call (951) 827-2789
FAX (951) 827-2439
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521